Saturday 3 September 2016

Steampunk Leather Belt Sam Browne

Having recently decided that I needed a more "steampunk" outfit rather than my usual Victorian clothes and goggles I started putting something together using whatever I had to hand plus a leather jacket I bought on Ebay. I actually Googled "battered leather jacket" surprisingly there were many for sale including some very expensive ones. Needless to say mine was from the lowest end of the price range. I also used the new leather flying helmet my children got for me as part of a recent birthday present. It was a very nice surprise, they knew what I had in mind. They're very thoughtful like that.

This it so far.


I used a wide leather belt I already had but the problem was that the jacket only had two belt loops and my plan to attach various items to the belt (bottles, lamps, pouches etc) meant that when I unfastened the belt everything fell to the sides. While searching Ebay for leather straps to make something myself I came across ex military Sam Browne belts. So I bought one.

We'll have to see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment